Commercial Insurance Coverage Exposure Survey & Recommendations

Situations change over time in business and in the marketplace. Please take a moment to answer the following questions and review the various options below the form. Thank you!

Please note that you should contact E & K whenever changes occur in your business including, but not limited to, the following situations:
A change to your mailing or email address
A  change in your operations
The purchase or lease of vehicles, equipment or premises
A change in payroll or sales
A change to, or the formation, acquisition or dissolution of, any legal or corporate entities
You are asked to add an additional insured, mortgagee or loss payee to a policy
Any incident that has, or may, give rise to a claim
The addition or replacement of buildings, locations, business or personal property

Did You Know…

Most package policies are issued with only basic coverage and can be broadened with a number of endorsements.  While some coverages are added by an endorsement, others may be obtained only by issuance of a separate policy.  Some of the coverages typically excluded or included at minimal limits in a standard package policy or separate property or liability policy are as follows:



Backup of Sewers & Drains

Water backing up from sewer or drain.

Boiler & Machinery

Mechanical breakdown for equipment and electrical arcing of data processing equipment & media.


Employee dishonesty, theft of money & securities, depositor’s forgery & computer fraud.

Cyber Liability

Liability arising from the loss, theft or accidental publication of the personal data of others.

Data Processing

Mechanical breakdown & electrical arcing of data processing equipment & media.

Directors & Officers’ Liability

Personal & corporate liability protection for directors & officers regarding decisions made on behalf of the company.


Earth movement.

Employee Benefits Liability

Liability resulting from the administration of your employee benefits programs.

Employment Practices Liability

Protection from allegations of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, etc.


Damage caused by mud, overflow, seepage, ground water, etc.

International Coverage

If you import or export goods, an International Policy covers many of your property & liability exposures to loss resulting from international operations.

Mobile/Contractors’ Equipment

Equipment must be specifically scheduled on a property policy or under a separate inland marine policy.

Pollution Liability

Acts that are alleged to have caused pollution damage to real or personal property of others.  On site pollution coverage is also available.

Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions

If your business performs professional services, a separate Professional Liability policy must be purchased to provide these coverages.

Transit/Ocean Marine

Goods for which you are responsible while in transit.

Umbrella Liability

Provides a higher limit of coverage that is excess over your scheduled underlying policies.

Disclaimer:  Coverages illustrated are examples only.  This is not an all-inclusive listing of coverages available to you.

Please contact an E & K representative for advice on which coverages best suit your needs.