Managing Director & General Counsel
Mr. Auerbach is a Managing Director & the General Counsel of the E & K Insurance Group – a New Jersey based insurance agency serving over 5,000 business and personal clients. Prior to joining E & K, Mr. Auerbach was an attorney with the law firm of McCarter & English, representing regional and national companies on insurance, corporate and litigation issues.
Mr. Auerbach is a Past-President of the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents – representing over 10,000 independent agencies and over 100,000 insurance professionals. He is also a Past President of the
Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey and the Independent Insurance Agents of Monmouth County. In addition, Mr. Auerbach served as the President of Garden State Insurance Company, Ltd., a Bermuda based reinsurance company.
Mr. Auerbach serves as an educator teaching error & omission avoidance, legal and technology issues to other professional agents. He is also the Director of a NJ Department of Banking & Insurance accredited insurance school and has served on several insurance company agent advisory councils.
Mr. Auerbach is a Certified Insurance Counselor. In addition, he maintains his admission to the New Jersey Bar and has represented public entities regarding their insurance related contracts and serves as an arbitrator within the insurance industry. He also serves as an expert witness and litigation consultant on professional standards for insurance agents.
Mr. Auerbach holds a J.D., with Honors, from the National Law Center, George Washington University and a B.A., Cum Laude, from Franklin and Marshall College where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Auerbach lives on the Jersey Shore and enjoys running, hiking, mountaineering & ballroom dancing.
- Presidential Citation, PIA National
- Distinguished Insurance Service, PIANJ
- Professional Agent of the Year, PIANJ
- Director of the Year, PIANJ
- Lifetime Achievement Award, IIABMC
- Governor’s Task Force on the Availability of Homeowner’s Insurance in the Coastal Region
- Dept. of Banking & Insurance Property & Casualty Advisory Committee (“CPAC”)
- US Congress Committee Staff
- National Ass’n of Insurance Commissioners
- National Conf. of Insurance Legislators
- National CPCU Society
- Securities & Insurance Licensing Ass’n
- 1752 Club of NJ
- NJ Legislature
- Various state departments of insurance
- Various state PIA organizations
- Business Insurance
- National Underwriter
- American Agent & Broker
- Rough Notes Magazine
- Insurance Journal
- AM Best’s Review
- Insurance & Financial Advisor