A Brief History
In 1930 two entrepreneurs borrowed $400 and established E&K Agency, Inc. in Long Branch, New Jersey. Their goal was to provide the most cost-effective insurance programs and professional services possible. The mission they launched more than 80 years ago continues to propel the Agency:
Service… On Time, On Target, and Ongoing
Over the years the Agency grew and diversified in response to the increasingly complex insurance needs of clients. Today E&K includes over 30 professionals managing the insurance needs of over 5,000 clients in New Jersey and nationally.
With a tradition of responsive and personal service, E&K has assembled a team of talented, seasoned professionals with the highest level of training and technological resources. The principals of E&K add skills and resources from their backgrounds in business and law. The result is efficient, effective, insurance service delivered by dedicated professionals who enjoy what they are doing.
This unique approach has earned E&K the confidence and respect of its peers. E&K’s principals serve as leaders of the state’s major insurance organizations.
The E&K Approach
Here are some examples of how the E&K approach to problem solving has well served its clients:
- One of New Jersey’s major public companies was burdened with Workers’ Compensation costs over 180% of its industry’s average. E&K devised an insurance program that significantly reduced losses, increased cash flow, and saved millions of dollars in premium costs.
- A national food supplement manufacturer faced cancellation of its insurance coverage due to over $10 million of product liability claims. A lapse in coverage would have forced a complete halt to product shipment. E&K prevented a lapse and delivered broader coverage at a lower premium.
- An insurance carrier denied a $100,000 employee dishonesty claim. A legal opinion prepared by E&K’s in-house counsel compelled the carrier to obtain an independent attorney to decide the matter. After extensive consultation with E&K, the carrier awarded the claim.
- Prior to working with E&K, a large utility contractor faced an uninsured claim for pollution liability. E&K worked side by side with the contractor’s legal counsel to resolve litigation arising from the claim, secured the appropriate pollution coverage and placed the balance of the firm’s insurance at a savings of 30%.
Clients choose E&K Agency because it delivers more than what is expected, in a professional and cost-effective manner.
E & K Insurance Group has always prided itself on its broad client base – both in number of clients (over 5,000) and their variety. E&K insures some of the state’s largest companies as well as “Main Street” retail operations.
Some of the Agency’s larger accounts are in the fields of construction, retail, distribution, commercial real estate, hotel property management, manufacturing, and condominiums. E&K also has an extensive portfolio of personal insurance accounts.
We look forward to you joining our family of clients.
- Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey Inc. (Past President)
- National Association of Professional Insurance Agents (Past President)
- Independent Insurance Agents of Monmouth County (Past President)
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of New Jersey